1, 8 to 10-pound fully cooked ham
1/4 cup canola oil
3 tablespoons kosher salt
1/4 cup garlic, minced
1 cup fresh dill, minced
1 tablespoon black pepper, ground
2 cups pomegranate juice
1 cup honey
1 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 cinnamon stick
2 whole star anise
Pomegranate seeds (garnish)
Fresh mint (garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Score the ham by cutting a series of parallel lines 1″ apart just through the skin, approximately 1/2″ deep. Then score another set of line across the first to form a diamond pattern.
- Place the ham in a roasting pan, add 1 cup of water and roast for 60 minutes.
- While the ham is baking combine all of the glaze ingredients in a saucepan on medium heat and cook until reduced by half. The glaze will have a thickened syrupy consistency.
- Brush a thin layer of the pomegranate glaze and continue glazing the ham every 5 minutes, for the next 30 minutes. Roast the ham until the internal temperature is 140F.
- Allow ham to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve the ham garnished with pomegranate seeds and torn mint leaves.