GET INVOLVED! SERVE ON THE Desert Ridge Community Association Board of Directors
The Desert Ridge Community Association (DRCA) Nominating Committee is pleased to announce the 2020 annual election for three (3) open seats on the Board of Directors. The election results will be announced during the Association’s Annual Meeting on Thursday, April 16, 2020. However, there are several steps and events that will take place between now and then.
Here are a few key dates in 2020, to keep in mind:
JANUARY 30 Board Candidate interest and application forms e-mailed to the members.
FEBRUARY 7 Board Candidate interest and application forms due back to the Desert Ridge Community Association’s office by 5:00 PM.
FEBRUARY 16 Board Candidates Meet and Greet/Q & A at the Farmers Market on High Street at 11:00 AM, weather permitting.
FEBRUARY 26 DRCA Board of Directors meeting Board Candidates Meet and Greet/Q & A at 6:00 PM at Cambria Hotel & Suites.
MARCH 9 DRCA electronic Ballots for the 2020 election are emailed to members.
MARCH 15 Board Candidates 2nd Meet and Greet/Q & A at the Farmers Market on High Street at 11:00 AM, weather permitting.
APRIL 15 Mail-in ballots for election of Board of Directors due from all members to Vote Now HOA or Butler Hansen P.C. office by 5:00 PM.
APRIL 16 DRCA Annual Meeting and announcement of election results will be held at the Cambria Hotel & Suites at 6:00 PM.
Board Candidate Qualifications
The qualifications established by the Desert Ridge Community Association’s (“Association”) Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, Restrictions and Easements for Desert Ridge as recorded and amended (CC&R’s) and the Association’s Nominating Committee per Section 3.8 of the Association’s Bylaws for being nominated to serve on the Board are listed below. Please review each item closely before submitting your candidate application for consideration.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST:
Comply with the following requirements per the CC&R’s, and must remain in compliance through the Annual Meeting:
• Must be an owner of record in the Association or an entity owner of record in the Association. If you are a representative of a confirmed entity owner of record you must provide a signed, notarized letter from the owner of record, appointing you as its’ representative.
• Must be a member in good standing, with all assessments current (no more than 30 days delinquent) and no outstanding violation(s) of the CC&R’s.
• Must not have member rights suspended by the Board of Directors for any violations of the Association’s governing documents.
• Must not be involved in current litigation regarding compliance or dispute with Association’s governing documents.
• Must commit to attend regularly scheduled board meetings (at least once a month), as well as the additional time that may be required in order to participate at the committee level.
Additional Qualifications Established by the Association’s Nominating Committee:
• Must attend the Organizational Meeting
• Must attend at least one of the 3 scheduled Board Candidates Meet & Greet meetings.
• Must attend the Annual Meeting –
6pm, Thursday, April 16, 2020. (Note: Should a majority voted member be unable to attend due to an extenuating circumstance the Nominating Committee may determine if said circumstance warrants consideration).
• Must attend the Organizational Meeting scheduled within 5 business days following the Annual Meeting.
• Must attend new Board Member training, scheduled within 5 business days following the Annual Meeting.
• Attendance at a Board of Directors Meeting, prior to the election, is strongly suggested. Board meetings are the 4th Wednesday of each month (except April, July, November and December) at Cambria Hotel & Suites starting at 6pm.
• Must comply with all governing documents and provide all information on candidate form.
Please contact Terrance Smith, Executive Director, at the Desert Ridge Community Association office
at 480-551-4550 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thank you for your valued interest and participation in our community!