The qualifications established by the Desert Ridge Community Association’s (“Association”) Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, Restrictions and Easements for Desert Ridge as recorded and amended (CC&R’s) and the Association’s Nominating Committee per Section 3.8 of the Association’s Bylaws for being nominated to serve on the Board are listed below. Please review each item closely before submitting your candidate application for consideration.
All Candidates Must:
- Comply with the following requirements per the CC&R’s, and must remain in compliance through the Annual Meeting:
- Must be an owner of record in the Association or an entity owner of record in the Association. If you are a representative of a confirmed entity owner of record you must provide a signed, notarized letter from the owner of record, appointing you as its’ representative
- Must be a member in good standing, with all assessments current (no more than 30 days delinquent) and no outstanding violation(s) of the CC&R’s.
- Must not have member rights suspended by the Board of Directors for any violations of the Association’s governing documents.
- Must not be involved in current litigation regarding compliance or dispute with Association’s governing documents.
- Must commit to attend regularly scheduled board meetings (at least once a month), as well as the additional time that may be required in order to participate at the committee level.
- Established by the Association’s Nominating Committee:
- Must attend the Annual Meeting – 6:00pm, Thursday, April 20, 2023. (Note: Due to potential Covid/Flu/RSV, all related meetings may to be scheduled and conducted via Zoom teleconference as opposed to in person meetings. Should a majority voted member be unable to attend due to an extenuating circumstance the Nominating Committee may determine if said circumstance warrants consideration).
- Must attend the Organizational Meeting scheduled within 5 business days following the Annual Meeting.
- Must attend new Board Member training, scheduled within 5 business days following the Annual Meeting.
- Attendance at a Board of Directors Meeting, prior to the election, is strongly suggested. Board meetings are the 4th Wednesday of each month (except April, July, November, and December) presently in person meetings starting at 6:00pm.
- Must comply with all governing documents and provide all information on candidate form.
Please contact Terrance Smith, Executive Director, at the Desert Ridge Community Association office at 480-551-4550 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thank you for your valued interest and participation in our community!