Get Involved! Serve on the Desert Ridge Community Association Board of Directors!
The Desert Ridge Community Association (DRCA) Nominating Committee is pleased to announce the 2018 election for three (3) open seats on the Board of Directors. The election results will be announced during the Association’s Annual Meeting on Thursday, April 19, 2018. However, there are several steps and events that will take place between now and then. Here are a few key dates in
2018, to keep in mind:
JANUARY 25 Board Candidate interest and application forms e-mailed to the members.
FEBRUARY 9 Board Candidate interest and application forms due back to the Desert Ridge Community Association’s office by 5:00 PM.
FEBRUARY 18 Board Candidates Meet and Greet/Q & A at the Farmers Market on High Street at 11:00 AM, weather permitting.
FEBRUARY 28 DRCA Board of Directors meeting Board Candidates Meet and Greet/Q & A at 6:00 PM at the Desert Ridge Community
MARCH 9 DRCA Ballots for the 2018 election are mailed to all members.
MARCH 18 Board Candidates 2nd Meet and Greet/Q & A at the Farmers Market on High Street at 11:00 AM, weather permitting.
APRIL 18 Mail-in ballots for election of Board of Directors due from all members to Vote Now HOA or Butler Hansen P.C.
office by 5:00 PM.
APRIL 19 DRCA Annual Meeting and announcement of election results will be held at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge
Resort & Spa at 6:00 PM.
Board Candidate Qualifications
The qualifications established by the Desert Ridge Community Association’s (“Association”) Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, Restrictions and Easements for Desert Ridge as recorded and amended (CC&R’s) and the Association’s Nominating Committee per Section 3.8 of the Association’s Bylaws for being nominated to serve on the Board are listed below. Please review each item closely before submitting your candidate application for consideration.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST:
Comply with the following requirements per the CC&R’s, and must remain in compliance through the Annual Meeting:
• Must be an owner of record in the Association or an entity owner of record in the Association. If you are a representative of a confirmed entity owner of record you must provide a signed, notarized letter from the owner of record, appointing you as its’ representative.
• Must be a member in good standing, with all assessments current (no more than 30 days delinquent) and no outstanding violation(s) of the CC&R’s.
• Must not have member rights suspended by the Board of Directors for any violations of the Association’s governing documents.
• Must not be involved in current litigation regarding compliance or dispute with Association’s governing documents.
• Must commit to attend regularly scheduled board meetings (at least once a month), as well as the additional time that may be required in order to participate at the committee level.
Established by the Association’s Nominating Committee:
• Must attend at least one of the 3 scheduled Board Candidates Meet & Greet meetings.
• Must attend the Annual Meeting – 6:00 PM, Thursday, April 19, 2018. (Note: Should a majority voted member be unable to attend due to an extenuating circumstance the Nominating Committee may determine if said circumstance warrants consideration).
• Must attend the Organizational Meeting scheduled within 5 business days following the Annual Meeting.
• Must attend new Board Member training, scheduled within 5 business days following the Annual Meeting.
• Attendance at a Board of Directors Meeting, prior to the election, is strongly suggested. Board meetings are the 4th Wednesday of each month (except April, July and December) at the Desert Ridge Community Association office starting at 6pm.
• Must comply with all governing documents and provide all information on candidate form.
Please contact Terrance Smith, Community General Manager, at the Desert Ridge Community Association office
at 480-551-4550 or by email to email@example.com for more information.
Thank you for your valued interest and participation in our community!