INFORMATION REGARDING AUGUST 2017 COUNCIL ELECTION
The City of Phoenix will hold the regularly scheduled Council Election on Tuesday, Aug. 29, 2017. In this election, registered voters who reside in the City of Phoenix, Council Districts 2, 4, 6 and 8 will elect Councilmembers for a full term.
Arizona law allows voters to place their name on a Permanent Early Voting List, which is maintained by the County Recorder. Once you are on this list, you do not have to request that an early ballot be mailed to you for each election. Instead, by being on this list, an early ballot will be mailed to you approximately 27 days prior to the election.
Registered voters who are not on the Permanent Early Voting List, but wish to receive an early ballot by mail, may request a ballot. Request forms can be obtained by calling the City Clerk Department, Records and Elections Division, at 602-261-8683 (VOTE) or use the 7-1-1 Relay System. The City Clerk must receive a signed, written request for an early ballot by mail no later than 5 p.m. Friday, Aug. 18, 2017.
Voters who wish to vote early may vote early at Phoenix City Hall, 200 W. Washington St., 15th floor, between Wednesday, Aug. 2 and Friday, Aug. 25, 2017. Early ballots may be dropped off at this site.
The City of Phoenix Council Election will be a Voting Center election. City voters in District 2, 4, 6 and 8 may vote in person at any one of the 18 voting centers that will be used for this election. Early ballots may be dropped at any of the voting centers. The voting centers for this election will be open for three days:
Saturday, August 26 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Monday, August 28 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Tuesday, August 29 (Election Day) from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The voting center locations are:
· Black Mountain Police Precinct, 33355 N. Cave Creek Rd.
· North Valley Baptist Church, 2109 E. Rose Garden Ln.
· Mountain View Community Center, 1104 E. Grovers Ave.
· Paradise Valley Community Center, 17402 N. 40th St.
· Hampton Inn & Suites, 16620 N. Scottsdale Rd.
· Mesquite Branch Library, 4525 E. Paradise Village Pkwy. North
· North Phoenix Baptist Church, 5757 N. Central Ave.
· Devonshire Senior Center, 2802 E. Devonshire Ave.
· Adam Diaz Senior Center, 4115 W. Thomas Rd.
· 2705 Building, Natural Resource Div., 2705 N. 15th Ave.
· Memorial Presbyterian Church, 4141 E. Thomas Rd.
· Phoenix City Hall, 200 W. Washington St.
· Pilgrim Rest Baptist Church, 1401 E. Jefferson St.
· Broadway Heritage Neighborhood Res. Ctr, 2405 E. Broadway Rd.
· South Mountain Community Center, 212 E. Alta Vista Rd.
· Cesar Chavez Branch Library, 3635 W. Baseline Rd.
· Pecos Community Center, 17010 S. 48th St.
For more information about this election, please visit phoenix.gov/elections, call 602-261-VOTE (8683) or use the 7-1-1 Relay System.